Tuesday 27 July 2010

Bits and bobs

Well, I finished the Caera cowl, it knit up absolutely beautifully and I love how it looks, unfortunately I can't post a pic as I think the person due to receive it reads my blog. However, for all you ravelers, please feel free to peruse my pics here

I also, in a fit of sheer insanity, cast on something else, however, I believe it was a wiser choice of pattern... the dropstitch scarf, I have knitted it before, so I don't need to look at the pattern. Here's a sneak preview.



There was another pattern I wanted to knit and I checked the needle size required and I thought 3.75mm... no problem, I've got those needles. You see, a few years ago when I took up knitting, I bought about 30 sets of needles on ebay for £10 (in fact, it might have been more needles than that) and since then have completed my collection as I needed with bits and bobs, however, it seems that in all my knitting I have either never needed 3.75mm.... or I just made do with another size. So, I thought I would try out the new spectra flair acrylic tips from knit pro. They are much cheaper than the metal or wood tips which suits my 'bare minimum' price range. I ordered them a few days ago and was very happy when they arrived today... that's really fast delivery for me as they came from the UK.



I bought them at the ebay store of www.P2tog.com and I would happily recommend the shop to anyone as they were very efficient and well priced (items and postage).I can't wait to try them out!..... Oh yeah, and the little lady knitting card is a needle size conversion chart.

Last of all (then I will let you go) a while back I did a swap with a fabulous etsy shop. I received an email from Elizabeth, of Creations by Elizabeth, who was interested in a swap (involving nappies) so her end of the swap was these absolutely gorgeous fabric letters for Rafaela. We will put them on a little rail in her bedroom (once we have built her bedroom that is)


As you can see, there's a good reason as to why I don't get anything photographed these days!



Ok... I know I promised that would be it but just a quick not to say that I am having a sale on all my handpainted roving, just in case anyone is interested.

3 comments:

Rani said...

I don't think I've seen those acrylic needles here. I am really curious to see how you like them - I LOVE my addi turbos but they are expensive.

Fun little scarf and I checked out your secret project - oooooh, it looks perfect for a Minnesota winter!!

Love those chubby little hands in the pictures. Darling girl!!

Seth G said...

This is one of the first blogs I have subscribed to. Why? Because your blog is very creative and your pictures make me feel like im there. Thank you.

marit said...

I agree with Rani- I love those little hands:-) Great letters there too.

The cowl is really beautiful. I'm sure the recipient will love it! The scarf looks fun.

I haven't tried acrylic needles- I just knitted a top using my steel knitpicks, they are very easy to knit with, but expensive and not as "soft and gentle " to my hands as bamboo/ wooden needles. Only they have a tendency to break...:-(